SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Helpline provides 24/7, 365-day-a-year crisis guidance and help to individuals experiencing psychological stress pertaining to normal or human-caused catastrophes.
The tragedy Distress Helpline, 1-800-985-5990, is a 24/7, 365-day-a-year, nationwide hotline specialized in supplying instant crisis guidance for folks who are experiencing psychological stress pertaining to any normal or disaster that is human-caused. This toll-free, multilingual, and crisis that is confidential solution can be acquired to all or any residents in the us and its own regions. Stress, anxiety, as well as other depression-like signs are typical reactions after a tragedy. Phone 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 for connecting with a tuned crisis therapist.
The tragedy Distress Helpline places individuals looking for guidance on the way to recovery. Our personnel offer guidance and help before, during, and after disasters and refer people to neighborhood resources that are disaster-related follow-up care and help. Since its launch in February 2012, the catastrophe Distress Helpline has furnished guidance and help in reaction to disasters such as for example Hurricane Sandy, the Boston Marathon bombing, the Ebola outbreak, while the Coronavirus pandemic.
The tragedy Distress Helpline is staffed by trained counselors from a community of crisis call facilities found over the usa. These counselors offer:
- Crisis guidance for folks in emotional stress pertaining to any normal or human-caused catastrophe
- Information about how to identify stress and its own impacts on people and families
- Methods for healthy coping
- Recommendations to crisis that is local facilities for extra follow-up care and help
Whenever you call or text, crisis counselors will listen to what’s on patience and without judgment to your mind. There’s no necessity to give any distinguishing information whenever the disaster is contacted by you Distress Helpline. The therapist may ask you to answer for many fundamental information at the conclusion for the call, however these concerns are optional and they are designed to assist SAMHSA record the kinds of telephone calls it gets.
Whom Should Contact the Tragedy Distress Helpline?
This crisis help solution is for anybody experiencing distress that is emotional to catastrophes such as for instance:
The catastrophe Distress Helpline also answers telephone telephone telephone calls and texts associated with infectious illness outbreaks (PDF | 545 KB), like the Coronavirus pandemic, incidents of community unrest, as well as other terrible activities.
The effect of crises may influence individuals in numerous means. Discover ways to recognize the indicators and danger facets for psychological stress linked to normal and human-caused catastrophes.
The catastrophe Distress Helpline is ready to accept everyone else. This consists of survivors of disasters; family members of victims; very very first responders; rescue, recovery, and relief employees; clergy; and parents and caregivers. You might phone on your own or on the part of some other person.
Call or Text
Through the usa and its own regions, call 1-800-985-5990 for connecting with an experienced crisis therapist, 24/7. Spanish-speakers can phone the hotline and press “2” for 24/7 support that is bilingual.
Callers to your hotline may also interact with counselors in over 100 other languages via 3rd-party interpretation solutions; for connecting with a therapist in most of your language, just indicate your preferred language to your responding counselor and she/he will hook up to a real time interpreter (interpretation in less commonly-spoken languages might need calling straight straight straight back at an appointed time). Discover more and down load information on the catastrophe Distress Helpline in 30 of the very most languages that are commonly-spoken the U.S.
To get in touch having a real time ddh crisis therapist 24/7 via SMS, through the 50 states text “TalkWithUs” for English or “Hablanos” for Spanish to 66746. Spanish-speakers from Puerto Rico can text “Hablanos” to 1-787-339-2663.
Texting is subscription-based and just involves a steps that are few
- Sign up for the solution by texting TalkWithUs or Hablanos just as written. It’s important for this before giving your text that is first message otherwise the enrollment may fail, and you’ll never be in a position to consult with a counselor, or perhaps you may inadvertently contribute to another solution.
- Try to find verification that your particular membership had been effective. You will get a Success! Content if it had been.
- To unsubscribe, text Stop or Unsubscribe to 66746 (or 1-787-339-2663 from Puerto Rico) whenever you want. For assistance, text assist to 66746 (or 1-787-339-2663 from Puerto Rico).
Standard text and information message prices will use when texting from smart phones. Global text and information rates may apply from within U.S. Regions and association that is free. SAMHSA will perhaps not offer your cell phone numbers with other events.
The catastrophe Distress Helpline’s TTY number 1-800-846-8517 is available 24/7 to Deaf and difficult of hearing people, who are able to also make use of the texting choices or their preferred service that is relayincluding 7-1-1) in order to connect aided by the primary DDH hotline 1-800-985-5990, 24/7.
For other reasons, send an email if you’re not in immediate need of crisis counseling support and would like to contact us. E mail us for:
- Technical dilemmas. In the event that you encountered a technical issue while attempting to contact the tragedy Distress Helpline, please add your name and preferred contact information in your e-mail if you want to get an answer.
- Provider inquiries. Providers with particular inquiries about technical support and help, demands for materials, and checking out collaborations are motivated to deliver a contact.
- Feedback. To produce feedback regarding the experience reaching off to the catastrophe Distress Helpline, deliver a contact explaining your experience and SAMHSA will appear to the matter. Please consist of your name and preferred email address if you want to get an answer.
- Social networking inquiries. E-mail us with questions about the catastrophe Distress Helpline’s utilization of social networking.
- All news inquiries. Users of the news with questions regarding the tragedy Distress Helpline ought to call the SAMHSA Media Services Team at 1-240-276-2130.
Our staff appreciate hearing from individuals about their experiences. SAMHSA takes feedback about our solutions, if it is negative or positive, really seriously.
SAMHSA additionally encourages general public advertising of this catastrophe Distress Helpline. Everyone can make use of the catastrophe Distress Helpline logo design and cell phone number on their site and connect to the tragedy Distress Helpline’s materials and social media marketing properties.
Phone 211 for information regarding disaster-related evacuations, shelters, clothing and food distribution, volunteer possibilities, along with other resources and recommendations. Or look at the nationwide 211 Call Center Search web site to find the 211 information and referral center nearest you.